Resolve To Save Lives
Software Engineering Lead Jobs In Ajman | Resolve To Save Lives
About the job
Software Engineering Lead Resolve to Save Lives – Digital Team Resolve to Save Lives (RTSL) is a global health not-for-profit organization with a mission to prevent 100 million deaths from heart disease and to make the world safer from infectious disease epidemics. Since September 2017, Resolve to Save Lives has partnered closely with low- and middle-income country governments, the World Health Organization, academic, other civil society partners, and communities to build capacity for and implement a core package of interventions to reduce cardiovascular disease, the world’s leading cause of death. To find out more about our work at Resolve Cardiovascular Health .Background Our team provides software to support public health programs that aim to prevent cardiovascular disease. We developed Simple (simple.org), a free, open-source app used by healthcare workers to better manage patients with high blood pressure, a major cause of cardiovascular disease. By allowing doctors to track patient care over time, we can help them control blood pressure and prevent heart attacks and strokes. Today, Simple is used by thousands of nurses and doctors every day, treating over 1.5 million patients across Asia and Africa, with all data owned exclusively by the countries themselves.Simple consists of a Ruby on Rails server that provides a web dashboard for public health workers as well as a sync API for the offline-first Simple mobile app. The app is a fast, free, and easy-to-use Kotlin Android application that is used by healthcare workers in high-velocity public health settings. Healthcare workers can record patient visits, contact overdue patients to return to care, and track the progress of their facility. The web dashboard provides aggregated reports at the regional and clinic levels, allowing public health officers to see what’s working and address program issues in the field. Our reports are used to help return patients to care, ensure drugs are in stock, and assist hospital administrators in staffing and training needs.We try hard to be a team full of empathy, inclusion, and respect. We trust each other, have hard conversations with open mindedness, and assume positive intent. We are a small team of self-directed people. Once familiar with the project, we expect engineers to be able to take ownership and guide large projects from start to finish. We write down ideas and work as asynchronously as possible, meeting via video conference when necessary. Proposing ideas and trying things matter more than always being right. We are frequently wrong and try to write code we can easily change when we learn new things. We’re excited for you to participate and look forward to helping you grow your own skills as well.By joining our team, you will play a key role in helping us grow the software, keeping it fast and reliable while providing valuable data to public health programs we support. You will also help build and nurture the team, creating an engineering culture that is effective, supportive, and understands the big picture of what we’re working on.
We’re looking for a Software Engineering Lead to help us accomplish our goal of partnering with countries to save 100 million lives in 30 years. You will lead a team of ~10 engineers in the design and execution of technical work. You will be the bridge between leadership and the engineering team to translate our goals and strategy into actionable projects, and oversee the execution of those projects to completion. You will support the team’s growth by lining up appropriate opportunities, working with team members 1-on-1, and iterating on team processes. You will work with the product team to advocate for protecting the team’s time and focus. The ideal candidate can write and ship code, understand and communicate tradeoffs to make confident technical decisions, work closely with stakeholders (all the time), and lead and grow a fast, trusting, and happy engineering team. The ideal candidate can work effectively with our entirely remote team, spanning from South Asia to the east coast of the USA.Our team prides itself on:
- Delivering fast, simple software used by healthcare workers in clinics every day, serving tens of millions of patients
- Ensuring patient privacy and data security
- Shipping and iterating quickly instead of chasing perfection
- Building empathy for the healthcare workers that use our software by meeting and listening to them regularly
- Taking extreme ownership of one’s work
- Open, honest, and supportive collaboration across the whole product team
- Being fearless to try new things and learn from mistakes
- Coaching, sharing knowledge, and nurturing a supportive team culture
- Setting clear timelines and documenting progress as we go
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Lead the research and design of architectural decisions for Simple software.
- Create and review product requirements documents (PRDs) for upcoming projects.
- Guide the team to achieve high architectural and code quality to ensure that Simple is robust, maintainable, secure, and adaptable.
- Review architectural decisions and pull requests for low-level and high-level feedback respectively.
- Identify and remove blockers and pain points for engineers.
- Eg. “I notice our test suite takes 20 minutes to run. I’ll protect time for us next sprint to speed that up.”
- Regular 1-1’s with team members, keeping an eye out for career growth, team engagement, burnout, morale, etc.
- Be a reliable sounding board for the team to evaluate options and make confident technical decisions to progress their work.
- Regularly check in on the team’s work to maintain their empathy with the problems that they are solving.
- Take charge of reflecting and iterating on the team process. Eg. introduce pre-release checklists for projects, ensure that retrospectives are done when necessary, etc.
- Prioritize feature requests and bug reports from stakeholders and into the team’s roadmap. Our stakeholders include ministries of health, hypertension program officials, and RTSL leadership.
- Investigate the feasibility and required effort of new project ideas proposed by stakeholders (eg. data integrations between Simple and other healthcare software systems).
- Represent the team’s roadmap and bandwidth when discussing upcoming work with partners
If you join our team, here are additional opportunities for things that you could do.
- Set up team processes and documentation for us to start accepting open-source contributions freely
- Conduct market research on similar open-source healthcare tools and lead the team in replicating Simple features in those systems
- Assist countries not using Simple with their digital strategy for non-communicable disease management
Required Experience, Skills And Qualifications
- Wide technical experience with technologies such as Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq Postgres, Redis, Nginx, Docker, Kubernetes, Kotlin, Mobius
- Experience with cloud computing platforms like AWS or Azure
- Experience operationalizing and scaling applications in a production environment
- Be hands-on with writing, reviewing, and shipping code
- Experience in a team lead or technical lead role for a comparable sized engineering team
- Experience in research and design of architectural decisions for software
- Strong communications skills to work with stakeholders and partners to roadmap and prioritize work iteratively
- Ability to have difficult conversations when a stakeholder’s request is not prioritized
- Strong ability to mentor a team of engineers in 1-1 and group settings
- Experience hiring and growing an engineering team
- A keen eye for continuous process improvement (eg. team retrospectives)
Location: This is a remote position. Our Simple team primarily sits in between the US East Coast and India time zones, with our in-country partners in Asia and Africa. We are open to candidates who can work during standard working hours across United Kingdom and India time zones and who can collaborate easily with product and design teams.Compensation: The salary range for the role will depend on global location and is set in accordance with national labor rates for the international NGO sector. In addition to competitive salary for our sector, we offer a generous package of benefits including remote work arrangements, health insurance, retirement contributions, laptop and peripherals, annual professional development, paid annual and health leave and more.Resolve to Save Lives prides itself on cultivating a supportive, connected remote team that does work that matters. We do everything we can to make sure our employees are connected and are set up for success. We value and strive for an inclusive, diverse team with different perspectives, ideas, and identities.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.
Checkout Jobs at,
|» Jobs in Dubai||» Jobs in Sharjah|
|» Jobs in Abu-Dhabi||» Jobs in Ajman|
|» Jobs in Al-Ain||» Jobs in Fujairah|
|» Jobs in Umm-al-Quwain||» Jobs in Ras-al-Khaimah|