Senior Manager Jobs In Abu Dhabi | Grant Thornton
About the job
Grant Thornton’s Regulatory Advisory financial crime team supply a range of services to regulatory authorities, licensed financial institutions and other relevant organizations. Partnering with our colleagues in Business Risk Services, Forensics, Business Consulting among others, our work falls broadly into the following areas: Regulatory Compliance Advisory, AML/CFT Reviews, Transactions, Sanctions, Compliance Governance, Data Analytics among others
Job Description Summar
The Senior Manager will assist the Regulatory Advisory Director/Partner to deliver financial crime projects to large financial services clients and other institutions in the UAE and the region. They will also be expected and encouraged to take a key role in the development of new business relationships and opportunities as well as developing and growing the team.We are looking for candidates with a genuine interest in our clients and a passion to help them navigate financial crime challenges. You will have strong technical knowledge of financial crime (across AML, KYC, sanctions compliance, counter terrorist financing and fraud) and an awareness of current developments and issues. You will have experience of working in the financial services sector or at a financial services regulator. You will have commercial awareness of client issues particularly within the regulated financial services sector As a Senior Manager you will have experience leading teams of junior colleagues and also be comfortable working independently using your own experience. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. Our employees share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
As a service within Regulatory Advisory, we are building the Financial Crime team to deliver bespoke solutions to our clients, of all sizes by providing an exemplary service for their requirements by providing the advice they need to navigate complex financial crime risks and challenges, including
- Conducting reviews sanctioned by the regulators in the space of Financial Crime Compliance Programs
- Supporting an organization’s response to identified regulatory breaches (including the remediation of sanctions breaches or instances of money laundering, bribery or corruption or more general misconduct)
- Reviewing a firm’s financial crime framework (or specific elements within it) to assess business risk and regulatory compliance
- Providing training to raise awareness and update a firm’s knowledge repository
- Internal systems reviews – combining review and industry insight to report on financial crime control design and effectiveness
- Helping a firm to scope and carry out remediation activities in relation to core financial crime process (such as KYC, CDD/EDD, screening)
- Bringing leading international best practice and knowledge to local clients in the region, working alongside Grant Thornton’s global Financial Crime teams
- Helping clients of all shapes and sizes, from FS and non-FS regulated sectors, as well as corporates, providing solutions such as Recommend & Review, Reasonable Assurance and Audit Opinion
What You’ll Be Doing
- Build a trusted relationship with client employees, manage client expectations, undertake an assignment manager role for small and medium sized assignments and manage the day-to day aspects of these under Director/Partner supervision;
- Engender trust and respect from the client by managing assignments accurately, responding quickly to demands and delivering to deadlines;
- Lead and deliver projects with colleagues and clients, including day to day ownership of projects and client liaison and know when to escalate issues or areas of concern, as and when they arise;
- Display judgment and an understanding of relevant risks and issues arising in an assignment, offering potential solutions and seeking advice when necessary;
- Record Keeping- Maintain assignment files and identify key issues early to discuss with the Engagement Partner/Director, keeping them informed of progress;
- Co-ordinate inputs for reports including drafting report sections, aggregating multiple authors, reviewing work of junior colleagues and arranging appropriate review cycles;
- Delegate tasks effectively to junior team members, taking responsibility for meeting timelines & budgets, and managing small teams;
- Support partners/directors in client meetings;
- Prepare job performance reviews and agree objectives with your Partner or engagement lead.
- Utilise and build up a network of contacts and attend external networking events;
- Be aware of Grant Thornton services and is able to identify opportunities to sell those services to clients whilst articulating and promoting Financial Crime Compliance services to other departments;
- Be actively involved in office marketing events when appropriate and an ‘ambassador’ of the firm;
- Seek to actively support, and co-ordinate, aspects of business development opportunities e.g. preparing proposals/bids, supporting at pitch meetings, organising conferences/client events, developing marketing materials;
- Identifying and developing new market opportunities for the firm., and considering new capabilities which the market may require.
- Display good commercial awareness;
- Be an active contributor to internal and external meetings, learning opportunities as directed.
- Allocate tasks as workstream/project manager and review output and set deadlines to achieve key milestones and deliverables
- ‘’Work effectively with all members of the team, building respect of peers and junior team members;
- Mentor and coach junior team members
- appraise them giving regular feedback, complete timely performance reviews and provide development opportunities;
- Actively seek and manage opportunities to develop own technical and consultancy skill, attend workshops, keep technical knowledge up to date, develop senior managerial competencies through in-house training opportunities and keep records for CPD purposes (where required).
Operations and results
- Take responsibility for assigned areas and/or small to medium sized projects, including deliverable review process, whilst monitoring time and budget progress;
- Have a good knowledge of technical matters relevant to Financial Crime, including local legal and regulatory requirements and international standards such as Wolfsberg, JMLSG and FATF guidance.
- Ensure compliance with internal procedures including the completion of take-on, conflict checking and setting up charge codes;
- Proactively understand the firm’s potential liability on assignments;
- Adhere to the Firm’s risk management policies and be aware of changes in the firm’s approach to risk management.
Who We’re Looking For
- Min 8 years relevant experience in a financial crime role (consultancy or industry) preferred.
- Exposure to regulatory and supervisory authorities regionally and globally, directly or indirectly
- Financial crime professional qualification preferred. ICA, ACAMS, ACFE
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, primarily Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions.You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.
Checkout Jobs at,
|» Jobs in Dubai||» Jobs in Sharjah|
|» Jobs in Abu-Dhabi||» Jobs in Ajman|
|» Jobs in Al-Ain||» Jobs in Fujairah|
|» Jobs in Umm-al-Quwain||» Jobs in Ras-al-Khaimah|