Safety Advisor Jobs In Dubai | Wood
For More Jobs: Click Here
About the job
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead HSSE Advisor for Iraq Operations with extensive experience in the Oil & Gas Industry to be based in Dubai, UAE for a period of 6 months with travel to Basra, Iraq regularly
- Implement and direct the Process Safety Management program. Ensure compliance with the OSHA PSM Standard.
- Work with Operations to create Management of Change (MOC) documents as needed. Draft, review, and complete final documentation of such changes. Track action items to completion.
- UpdateProcedures, etc., as changes are implemented. Maintain alignment of procedures
- Enforce, clarify, and follow Company Safety policies, standards, and procedures.
- Liaises with onsite leadership and management to create HSE goals, priorities and key performance measures.
- Analyze and interpret HSE technical procedures and regulations.
- Create and implement training programs for operations and maintenance of the plant with input from team members and manager.
- Oversee contractor safety program including vetting and documentation or contractors working in the covered process. Complete periodic safety reviews of routine contractors.
- Conduct audits of Company operations as required, supporting applicable HSE legislation and standards for compliance of Company policies.
- Actively participate in HSE Incident Investigations using the 5 Why model. Follow up corresponding recommendations until closure. Track and report incidents, near misses, spills and release (including contractors) to Management, and company HSE on a monthly and quarterly basis as requested.
- Conduct site surveys, safety evaluations and hazard identification assessments in the field.
- Manage Permit to Work activities, including Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Pre-Startup Safety Review (PSSR), Work Safe Procedures, risk assessments and isolations as required.
- Work with EH&S Lead as needed for environmental concerns or issues in the plant.
- Monitor and maintain adequate safety equipment, i.e. personal protective equipment, safety belts, harnesses etc.
- Review audit and inspection reports; monitor completion of corrective actions.
- Track non-conformance results from audits; analyze causes, determine and recommend corrective process to ensure compliance.
- Lead and participate in risk management and HSE activities including risk assessments, audits, HSE Meetings and forums including on-site meetings.
- Conduct orientations for new and existing employees as requested.
- Monitor work sites and operations to ensure that a safety culture exists, encouraging employees to take total ownership and be accountable and responsible for their health and safety
- Participate in internal, client as well as government HSE audits. Communicate their findings to management and present an action plan.
- Prepares project HSE monthly reports as requested.
Skills / Qualifications
- 15+ years in a technical role, or association with HSE role in another industry.
- HSE or Senior advisor experience with project/contract experience in O&G or other industry
- Excellent working knowledge with relevant legislation and regulations
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Effective/competent MS Office Suite User
- High level of communication skills in both written and spoken format
- ONC/HNC or equivalent in Technical, HSE or related industry
- Degree in relevant technical, industry or HSEQ specific discipline
- NEBOSH Certificate/Diploma (essential)
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.
Checkout Jobs at,
|» Jobs in Dubai||» Jobs in Sharjah|
|» Jobs in Abu-Dhabi||» Jobs in Ajman|
|» Jobs in Al-Ain||» Jobs in Fujairah|
|» Jobs in Umm-al-Quwain||» Jobs in Ras-al-Khaimah|
- IBM/FileNet Product Lead Jobs In Dubai | Dautom
- Head Of Manpower Studies Section Jobs In Dubai | Dubai Careers