Intern – Transport Planning Engineer
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
Summer Intern Program 2023
Make Amazing Happen!
Whether you’ve recently finished your college education and trying to find that “perfect fit” or about to complete your university degree and want to get a taste of the real world, AECOM has a wide variety of Internship opportunities available.
AECOM’s Transportation Team provides a full range of traffic and transportation planning services and is a key component in the Civil Infrastructure Business Line. Our vision is to be the most recognized and trusted provider of transportation planning services to our clients in the Middle East. We envisage being the Middle East Centre of Excellence in all aspects of transport planning, but particularly in multi-modal transport master planning and transport modelling.
The Intern – Transport Planning Engineer role provides the opportunity for a fresh graduate to be trained to provide technical support in a variety of the below service offerings, including Multi-Modal Transport Modelling, Transport Master Planning, Traffic Engineering and Traffic Impact Assessments.
- Strategic Multi-Modal Transport Modelling
- Transport Impact Assessments
- Demand Forecasting and Management
- Transport Network /Master Planning
- Transport Policy & Strategy Development
- Traffic Capacity Analysis
- Parking Studies, Layout & Design
- Access Management
- Traffic Signal Timing
- Traffic Engineering
- Micro Traffic Simulation
- Freight Planning and Logistics
- Intelligent Transport Systems
- 3D Modelling & Evaluation
- Road Safety Studies & Operational Reviews
Responsibilities & Duties
- Contribute to successful project completion by providing technical services in accordance with project time, quality and cost objectives as agreed with the Project Manager
- Maintain, enhance and apply both transport modelling and planning knowledge
- Continuously improve technical and industry knowledge by participating in forums and other industry related programs
- Research, analyse and report on a range of quantitative and qualitative transport modelling and planning related projects
- Assist in the preparation of tender submissions
- Provide input to technical note and study report
- Undertake data recording and analysis tasks
- Undertake modelling and analysis tasks
- Review internal processes for effectiveness and efficiency and suggest possible areas for improvement where necessary
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering with a focus on Transportation Planning subjects from an accredited University
- Must have graduated within the last 12 months or graduating no later than June 2023
- Successful applicants must have a minimum 3.4 GPA or 2:1 (or equivalent) and above
- Candidates must be currently based in the UAE
- If you hold a Master’s Degree, you must have started it within 12 months of completing the Bachelor’s Degree in order to have continuous education
- Transport Planning or traffic engineering modules or experience would be an advantage
The Intern Program will run from 26 June – 29 Sept 2023 and is your opportunity to land a permanent position with AECOM. If your performance has been successful, based on a mid-program review, you will be offered a full-time role as a young professional in your field as part of our highly competitive Graduate Program starting in November 2023.
This opportunity has 1 role based in the Dubai office and 1 based in the Abu Dhabi office, please specify your preferred location as we will submit your application to the relevant team accordingly.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
Business Line: Transportation
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: ME and Africa
Career Area: Engineering
Work Location Model: On-Site
To apply for this job please visit www.energyjobline.com.
Checkout Jobs at,
|» Jobs in Dubai||» Jobs in Sharjah|
|» Jobs in Abu-Dhabi||» Jobs in Ajman|
|» Jobs in Al-Ain||» Jobs in Fujairah|
|» Jobs in Umm-al-Quwain||» Jobs in Ras-al-Khaimah|