Digital Center of Excellence Jobs In Abu Dhabi | Thales
About the job
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
Thales has built a presence in the United Arab Emirates for over 35 years, and today has over 300 employees. Thales in the UAE is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Together we delivered technology for the Dubai metro, the longest driverless metro network in the world and a fare collection system that processes up to 250,000 transactions per day. We make UAE a safer place by providing secure electronic payment solutions, cyber security systems and communications as well as security systems for Dubai International Airport and air traffic management and navigation systems for Abu Dhabi’s airport.
THALES EMARAT TECHNOLOGY (TET) is set up in Abu Dhabi to address Defence business in the UAE.
As one of the TET pillars, the Digital Center of Excellence (CoE) was established with the aim to support the UAE Defence industry by means of localizing capabilities in the fields of software-defined radio systems as well as Digital Defence applications, making it a sustainable software-factory as a lever towards sovereignty and autonomy for UAE Defence.
By joining our international team, you will be part of a collaborative and fast-paced environment that will be constantly developing and innovating new technology.
From an Engineering background and with a strong teamwork mindset, you will play a pivotal role in driving the development of the Digital Center of Excellence towards its short to long-term objectives.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsible for the Operations and reporting of the Thales Digital Center of Excellence in UAE, under the supervision of the Digital CoE Director.
Lead Digital CoE governance forums and associated actions with relevant Thales stakeholders, in particular:
- CoE Dashboard to monitor objectives, KPIs, roadmap
- Forecast of bids and project activities
- Development and growth of the CoE skills and workforce
- Engineering and software development tools matching security guidelines.
- Support promotion of TET Digital CoE, both internally and externally (end users, industry partners).
- Contribute to offset projects opportunities (Business Plan definition and negotiation) and execution (offset credit files).
Work Experience Requirements
- 5-10 years of experience in managing projects in a technology environment
- Management of a team
- Customer & senior management interface
Qualification, Certification & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Engineering with experience in Project Management or Operations Management
- Must have high fluency in spoken and written English (Arabic would also be preferred)
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Strong initiative skills
- Well organized and rigorous
- Autonomous and Proactive
- Ability to work under tight constraints
- Experience of delivering continuous improvement initiatives
- Very open and teamwork oriented
- Exhibit leadership in identifying and resolving issues
- Multi tasks management capability
- Communication and soft skills are mandatory
- Technical know-how in radio communication and/or digital solutions
- Fluency in English is mandatory
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.
Checkout Jobs at,
|» Jobs in Dubai||» Jobs in Sharjah|
|» Jobs in Abu-Dhabi||» Jobs in Ajman|
|» Jobs in Al-Ain||» Jobs in Fujairah|
|» Jobs in Umm-al-Quwain||» Jobs in Ras-al-Khaimah|