Configuration & Requirements Engineer Jobs In Abu Dhabi | Thales
About the job
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
Thales has built a presence in the United Arab Emirates for over 35 years, and today has over 300 employees. Thales in the UAE is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Together we delivered technology for the Dubai metro, the longest driverless metro network in the world and a fare collection system that processes up to 250,000 transactions per day. We make UAE a safer place by providing secure electronic payment solutions, cyber security systems and communications as well as security systems for Dubai International Airport and air traffic management and navigation systems for Abu Dhabi’s airport.
Roles & Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
The primary responsibility of the Configuration Manager will be to provide day-to-day support to multiple projects in:
- Establishment of reference baselines (e.g. FBL, ABL, PBL)
- Registration and releasing of configuration information
- Organises and manages the Configuration Control Board (CCB) as well as pre and post CCB activities (including administrative tasks)
- Integrity and maintenance of configuration records, history and traceability.
- Archiving of obsolete technical data
In the above roles, you will be required to follow Configuration Management processes, procedures and standards in executing the roles using Microsoft Office tools and Configuration Management tools.
- Tasks will include:
- Creation / Update of the project Configuration Management Plans
- Administering CM processes on project
- Following CM and change management procedures and checking that engineering staff have complied with these procedures
- Producing Configuration Status Reports
- Interfacing with Document Services and Project Issuing Office
- Participates in the phase reviews (PDR, CDR, etc) and in configuration audits (FCA and PCA)
- Project Managers
- Work package Managers
- Systems Engineering Managers
Work Experience Requirements
- 3 Years + in the same or equivalent role
- Experience using CM tools (e.g. Windchill PLM, SAP Teamcenter, etc.)
- Experience in the use of Configuration Management processes and principles
- Experience of working in a small team and managing stakeholders
- An appreciation of the full development project life cycle
- Awareness of Defence Standards 05-57 or similar acknowledged standards in CM
- Use of PC based tools including Microsoft Office
- Ability to produce work output on time and to schedule
- Understand the need to provide document structure and baseline reports
- Attention to detail and logical methodology of working
- Must be a team worker with good interpersonal skills
Qualification, Certification & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering or relevant field
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.
Checkout Jobs at,
|» Jobs in Dubai||» Jobs in Sharjah|
|» Jobs in Abu-Dhabi||» Jobs in Ajman|
|» Jobs in Al-Ain||» Jobs in Fujairah|
|» Jobs in Umm-al-Quwain||» Jobs in Ras-al-Khaimah|